|The Horringer and Ickworth Village Club and Institute, known as ‘The Club’ and sometimes ‘The Institute’, originated as ‘The Horringer Men’s Club’ and was founded in 1877 by Lord John Hervey. It is one of the oldest such clubs in England.|
|From 1877 until 1972 it was housed in the former ‘Old Rectory’. It then took up new headquarters in the present Community Centre. Excellently furnished, it is equipped with a modern bar and other facilities, including wide screen TV. It provides a comfortable and congenial gathering place for people of the village.Telephone 01284 735504 for details of forthcoming events.